The Coterie Group » Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The tech home

The other day I watched Microsoft demonstrate the home of the future, that is, 2015. Incredibly, the "host" (computer/software spirit) pretty well knew what you where doing, when and how. To me this was a little scary, the term, Big Brother is Watching all of a sudden took on a whole different meaning!

As we venture into the future of technology, what price are we paying? A few weeks ago, I gave my father in law one of my laptops since the one I had given him previously died. I noticed that he had used some black tape (electrical tape) to cover the built in video cam, so I asked why, he replied; "I read that they can see me from the video". Can you imagine? Is that possible? Well I didn't think so, however, after seeing the home of the future courtesy of Microsoft...I am not that sure anymore!


Technology is a great thing, think about all the things that we are able to do today that we weren't able to 10 years ago and it is mind boggling. However, we need to remain masters of the future and not become a slave to it. Movies like I Robot with Will Smith are starting to become far to realistic, and scary. The possibility of a chip that can learn, process and deduct logically based on its accumulated knowledge is but a few steps away. The day that we will a lesser intelligent form that our computer, is the day that we need to pull the plug! In the meantime, enjoy your tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment