The Coterie Group » Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blackberry...my five cents worth

Dear Mr. Thorsten Heins, I know as the present CEO of R.I.M. life must be (well I don't have words for that one), and having advisers like John Albright still funding "titanics" of the 90' surely doesn't help (I once met John on a project I was looking to get financed in 2008, although I came from Windsor, John thought that playing racquetball was more important, and so I sat for 45 minutes waiting. After my presentation, he told me that I should really focus on building a "search engine" for that they would have some funds...Go John!). However, I am a fan, and I think many more are. Here are my five cents worth:

  1. Focus on a niche market (teens, and youths are not BB's market!)
  2. Make that market the best possible market it can be with BB.
  3. Go after business people
  4. Make your products work with other - BB is not Apple, but could be, this is how they started
Let's face it, business people don't want to play games, they need tools to help them in their day to day jobs. I have both an IPhone (Verizon) and a Blackberry (Rogers) and I use my IPhone for games, reading, reminders and other personal things, I use my Blackberry for business, meetings, calls, appointments and more. Well I would like it to do more. Let's start with a better sync with other O/S. Syncing with Microsoft needs to be improved, why do I have two entries for this birthday, why do I have 4 reminders on my calendar, and so on. Yes, there are methods to do all of that, however, my business is not to be in business to figure these things out. Make a button that does it! If BELL can use a CD to install a modem in your house (well they think they can) then you should be able to do the same for the businesses.

Simple, pure, and functional, Blackberry Business!

That's what I am talking about, but, what the hell I am sure you have better advisers than me! By the way, why don't you allow the Playbook to connect with Facetime...there's a thought. In all seriousness, BB started in the business sector, it deviated to try and keep up with Apple and now Android, and in all honesty, it should go back to the business market and make it the best it can be!

Good luck Thorsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment